Wednesday 24 April 2013

The Plea Playlist: Part 2



What I've been listening to the past few weeks...
  1. Foals (Holy Fire).  Loving this album at the minute the production on the Foals albums are always amazing.
  2. Haim.  I just discovered this band a few weeks ago and again the mixing and production blew me away.
  3. Bruce Springsteen (Darkness on the Edge of Town). This Album is the opposite to Born to run what happens after born to run when you return so to speak. I am always gonna have the boss on my playlist the best live performer I have ever seen.
  4. Stanton Moore with the Galactic group New Orleans Drummer who I have been listening too.  I have been getting into his playing and trying to learn a few things from his style for the past year.
  5. Tom Waits  (Closing Time).  An Album never suited a title as much as this one does the songs on this are amazing. 
  6. The Doors (Waiting for the Sun). I always loved the interaction between the musicians in the doors every member adds to the songs with the unique style of playing.
  7. Pearl Jam (Backspacer). I could put any pearl jam album on enough said.
  8. Levon Helm (Dirt Farmer). Lead singer of The Band and one of my favourite drummers of all time he played like no one else what a feel player.
  9. The Gaslight Anthem (Handwritten) A modern rocked up Springsteen sound with the New Jersey thing going on
  10. The Best of The Beatles as Alan Partridge would say.
Tracks taken from albums listed above, The Beatles currently unavailable on Spotify.



Blog post written by Gerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment