Wednesday 3 April 2013

Record of the Week


Out and about on tour we’ve had some spare moments to listen to some terrific albums. We’ve each jotted down what we appreciate about each record. Over the coming weeks we’re going to be sharing playlists and blog posts about our favourite albums and tracks at the moment. Today Denny chats about the great Thin Lizzy’s ‘Dancing in the Moonlight’...


Years ago when I was in school we had a religion class and the topic of the day was suicide, they were talking about different forms of suicide and there was a picture of Phil Lynott.  The topic was slow suicide, drinking and taking drugs for years as a form of escapism.  I just looked at the picture and had no idea who he was but thought; this is one cool looking fucker. After I listened to ‘Whisky in the Jar’, and it was like alien music. To me I’d never heard anything like it - I was hooked.

Then I heard ‘Dancing in the Moonlight’ and realised music could be poetry. This tune was and will always be perfection for me…’three o’ clock in the morning, I’m on the streets again’. Fuckin’ love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment